Tuesday 2 June 2015

Outfit of the day from Zadar, Croatia

Where has time gone. I was only in Zadar a few weeks back and yet the sun, sea and ice cream feels like it was all a dream. I guess it's defiantly time for more holiday planning. I might try make it a new rule that I always have a holiday booked to look forward too. For the the summer I'm trying to plan a mini tour round Italy but not too sure of any plans yet. 

So anyway back to Zadar, after a nervous trip through airport security trying to cram all my make up and liquids into a plastic bag, too much money spent in duty free on some Ray-Bans and new Versace perfume, a rather traumatic Ryanair flight...I don't care what any says the noises from that plane engine were NOT normal. I finally arrived in the beautiful city of Zadar. 

white crochet dress
white crochet dress
white crochet dress

The days were filled with exploring, eating, relaxing, eating some more, drinking some more and general mooching about in the sun, soaking up the sights. 

The old town of Zadar is filled with wonderful cobbled streets with hidden shops and local restaurants. The beauty of the place is really captured with ruins of ancient times mixed in with a modern city culture. 

Zadar Croatia
white crochet dress

For a spot of sightseeing I decided my new white crochet dress from Apricot Online* would be a perfect match. A white dress will always be perfect to enhance a summer tan and the crochet detail is so sophisticated and girly. The dress was a great choice for the day, something simple yet elegant and most importantly light and cool. I couldn't resist pairing the dress with my new favourite blue suede shoes. 

white crochet dress
white crochet dress
Zadar Croatia
Zadar Croatia
Zadar Croatia
Zadar Croatia

We stopped of at the local ice cream parlour for a well earned morning treat of ice cream. Actually who am I kidding, this was breakfast! I opted for a cherry ice cream sundae since maraschino cherries originate from Croatia. 

ice cream sundae
ice cream sundae
Zadar Croatia

After sight seeing a stroll around the harbour and a spot of light shopping, it was time for a late lunch. The food in Zadar feels a mix of Mediterranean and Italian with fresh fish, pastas and meat. Plus cheese...all the cheese! 

Zadar croatia food
Zadar croatia food
Zadar croatia food
Zadar croatia food
white crochet dress

Before long after a walk along the sea front and a dip in the sea it was time to retreat back to the apartment (for a power nap) to get ready to take in the evening night life. 

white crochet dress
Zadar croatia
white crochet dress
white crochet dress

Stay tuned and remember to follow (links below) to see more from my trip to Zadar.

Thought on the outfit?

SAMMIE

Disqus comments