Friday 6 June 2014

Monthly Beauty Favourites

So you may know by now I'm not the most punctual of people. Although this is a little late, here are my monthly beauty favourites from May. Better late than never aye?


Tanya Burr Nail Varnish in Little Duck
Superdrug - £5.99
So to most of you I doubt Tanya Burr needs little introduction. I must admit although I don't follow her myself I was still bound to be curious when a blogger/YouTuber launched her own range of nail varnishes and lip glosses. I'm also proud of the way it shows the positive changes in the media industry from the power of social networks. Good on you girl! After visits to 3 Superdrug stores I finally tracked down the one product I wanted the most. This delightful little nail varnish in the shade Little Duck. I wouldn't say it's a long lasting nail varnish or particularly great quality but the colour is stunning. It's also an excellent dupe of the well loved (more expensive) Essie's Candy Apple (nail varnish). I would defiantly recommend using a good quality top coat to prevent from such quick chipping. 

Oriflame The One Eyeliner stylo*
Oriflame - £5.95
This is a fairly impressive product. Although I don't have the steadiest of hands when it come to applying any kind of liquid eye-liner or pen style eye-liners I was really impressed with this product. I may need a little work at applying it in a straight line however one thing that's guaranteed is this product lasts. The stuff seriously does not budge. Further details of Oriflame here.  

Sleek blush in Rosegold
Superdrug - £4.49
I've never been a massive blusher person. I really don't know what changed recently as the last few months I seemed to of made quite a few blush purchases. The one shade that I utterly love and what has become a make up bag staple for me has been the sleek blusher in rose gold. It's a georgeous rose colour with a very obvious gold shimmer. It gives a very flushed look to the cheeks with a brilliant shimmer. For me this is also lazy make up at it's best. I find when I cant be bothered with highlighters and contouring this is a perfect quick fix for still looking like you made an effort with your face.  

L'Oreal Elvive extraordinary oil mist
L'Oreal - £9.99
This product was defiantly not an instant attraction, however over time I have grown to love this hair oil mist. At first I found it made my hair feel weighed down and a bit greasy, however after my roots were done my hair has been feeling very sorry for it's self as the bleach really seems to have taken it's toll this time and I turned to this hair oil for comfort. I've found spraying onto towel dried hair and leaving for a few minuets before blow drying really helps keep my hair soft and tangle free. I am still cautious of using this on dry hair as it can make hair feel greasy however in small amounts this is a very good product for seriously dry hair. 

Eco Tools - Flawless face set
Feel unique - £11.99
This is such a cute unique little kit and it has some very nice make up brushes which I hadn't seen in other ranges before. Although the foundation brush is tiney tiny and not practical for the whole face I really enjoy using these brushes for applying concealer more precisely and overall helping create a more flawless face. 

What have been your beauty favourites this month?

Sammie 


Disqus comments