Sunday 2 August 2015

Easy baking , Plum and goats cheese tart

Plum and goats cheese tart

It feels good to be back baking on the blog. Although I'm not going to lie these delicious plum and goats cheese tarts don't really require much baking. Ideal for summer garden parties or as a delicious mid afternoon treat, these scrumptious puff pastry tarts couldn't be easier to make. 

Plum and goats cheese tart

To make 6 tarts

You will need
Ready rolled puff pastry (I'd like to think I make my own, but I've places to go and people to see and buying shop bought is so convenient and time saving)

4/5 Fresh plums

400g of Goats cheese (typically two packets)

2 tea spoons of icing sugar

1 tea spoon of cracked black pepper

drizzle of honey (to serve with)

Plum and goats cheese tart
Plum and goats cheese tart
Plum and goats cheese tart
Plum and goats cheese tart

To bake:

Slice the plums

Mix with the icing sugar and pepper until each slice is coated

Cut the puff pastry into 6 squares

Add a layer of crumbled goats cheese

Add the plums (I've gone for a little spiral, maybe you could try different patterns)

Bake at 220'C for around 20-25 minuets until the pastry if crisp and golden and the plums caramelised

Serve with a drizzle of honey

Plum and goats cheese tart
Plum and goats cheese tart

I would love to know if you try the recipe. Remember you can tweet and Instagram me at the links below. 

SAMMIE

Disqus comments