Sunday 12 October 2014

The Bird and Beast Leeds | Central Arcade LS1 6DX | Review

Today I'm reviewing my newest favourite restaurant in Leeds, The Bird and Beast. Despite you all know of my hatred for Nandos it may be a little shocking a chicken place is my favourite but it's pretty much perfect in my eyes. 

This place really captures simplicity at it's best. With all the burger restaurants fighting for attention with their gimmick burgers recently in Leeds, bird and beast have ignored all the gimmicks and simply served simple food at it's best in a modest stylish setting. 

Calling themselves the "home of awesome chicken" probably sum's the place up a lot quicker than I can and I'd agree with the statement. 

Bird and beast leeds

Bird and beast leeds

Bird and beast leeds

The menu options is well..chicken! Whole, half or quarter, then an option of sides and salads (which change every 4-6 weeks depending on what'sin season). No other options but chicken. It fills me with joy to see a restaurant sticking to one thing and doing that one thing so well. I always prefere smaller menus as I think it shows confidence in the cooking, but to have well just one perfect dish is something I love. 

That said I obviously expected the best chicken I had ever eaten in my life. 

It was perfect and I couldn't fault it, me and Kel ordered a whole chicken to share and sides of fries (although I would call them chunky chips) and hand cut homemade coleslaw. Which accompanied the meal perfectly. 

Bird and beast leeds

Bird and beast leeds

There is also a small desert menu and Kel and Hayley decided on Eton mess with strawberry's and I opted for one my my favourites crème brulee. 

Bird and beast leeds

Bird and beast leeds


This place is perfect, taking good ingredients and making simple delicious food, no gimmicks anywhere just good cooking and homely food. The food was good value and it's defiantly a good place to go and eat with friends...all sharing chicken together is what friends do right. There's a nice atmosphere and I really can't fault the place.

I'm already planning my next visit and I can say this is my new favourite place to eat in Leeds. 


Sammie

Central Arcade
Central Road
Leeds
LS1 6DX

Photo credits: Kel

Disqus comments