Saturday 25 October 2014

Distrikt Leeds tapas review

Tapas has been on my "to eat" list for a while, now I've eaten tapas on many occasions and it's right up there as one of my favourite forms of dining, mainly because I'm indecisive and have eyes bigger than my belly so been able to select a whole array of dishes with no questions asked is very much perfect for me.  It also makes it perfect for sharing with friends, so this week I headed of to Distrikt in Leeds with a few of my favourites to celebrate Jess's Birthday, the fact it was half price on Wednesday's made it a great choice. 

The down side often with tapas is going with a picky friends who can't decide what to order, god forbid you order a dish that one person might not eat. However luckily this bunch aren't that fussy so it made for an enjoyable night of food, food and more food. 

When It came to ordering we had obviously put together quite a large order, there was 5 of us and the half price deal meant no one had to watch the pennies. The menu was rather small but it had a good array of dishes to choose from. 

I can't remember too much of what we ordered as we decided on one of everything from the menu (with the except of the squid dish, mushroom dish and the cod was sold out and decided on two portions of the goats cheese and beetroot arancini) we then added on some of the light bites of olives and white bait. 

The pictures below show just a little of the delicious dishes that arrived, the Camembert, lamb kefte, sticky ribs, arnacini and pitta with dips. 

Distrikt tapas Leeds

Distrikt tapas Leeds

Distrikt tapas Leeds

Distrikt tapas Leeds

Distrikt tapas Leeds

I was however disappointed then when the waiter took our order he basically took it from memory, when I asked if he had a pen (which I probably looked rude in doing so anyway, yet it was a large order, he laughed this off). The then meant the order came out wrong. 

There was was only one portion or arancini so some of the group missed out on this, the goats cheese and figs were also missing which I was looking forward to the most. Then there was 3 items on the bill which we hadn't even ordered (one of these we was told was sold out). The staff did corrected this immediately but I couldn't help feel let down that had the waiter used a pen there wouldn't of been any problems. Plus as the dishes drifted out gradually it kind of meant I couldn't settle into the evening as I was constantly glaring at what was arriving knowing the order was wrong. Although in fairness I was the only one of the group to notice.

Distrikt tapas Leeds

The food was great value at half price and what we did get was tasty, I think for the table full of dishes (I think a total of 10) we ended up with plus a total of I think 7 soft drinks and 1 cocktail the bill split worked out at £12.00 each which was brilliant value. I can say I would be happy to return again for the excellent value. 

Distrikt tapas Leeds

Photos credited to Kel

Remember to comment with any restaurant recommendations.

Sammie

Disqus comments