Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sunday night is pub quiz night

I will be the first to hold my hands up high and admit I'm a lover of the great British pub quiz. More so when say pub quiz is held in my favourite cocktail hotspot /  garden shed The Botanist.  In honour of supporting forget me not, children's hospice, I teamed up with Hayley, Gabby and Kel to compete for the honour of becoming crowned "pub quiz champion". 

The Botanist Leeds
The Botanist Leeds
Whilst of course, sipping cocktails and tucking into gooey and Camembert. 
The Botanist Leeds
The Botanist Leeds
The Botanist Leeds
Before the quiz began we indulged in nibbles and cocktails. A new addition to The Botanist cocktail menu is the Brewers and Botanists. A beer with a cocktail chaser, designed to perfectly compliment one and other. I ordered number 3. 

The Botanist Leeds
The Botanist Leeds

I'm quite frankly amazed this is A| an actual thing & B| shocked I've never seen it before. I was more so wowed by the big wave larger which had the most pleasant after taste of mango. The idea is to get beer drinkers to sample more cocktails and vice versa. Although if you want my opinion it's a way to get more alcohol for your pennies and it's now proven it's socially acceptable ordering two drinks at once, outside of a festival. FYI the cocktail chaser tasted like holidays over ice. 

I've never once though of a cocktail complimenting a beer and vice versa, I think we always think of our drinks to compliment our food instead. Be assured this is fantastic. The more I think about it the more I can't wait to go back just for this. 

The Botanist Leeds

No trip to The Botanist for me would be complete without cheese, olives and pate in a plant pot.Every time I got to The Botanist I'm always in awe of the amazing presentation and brilliant home cooked style food. Although the range of food at the botanist and more "sit down meal" menu options, are all to die for, you simply cannot beat ripping apart bread and dunking it into cheese with friends.  


The Sunday night pub quiz was split into 5 rounds, your standard questions, most of which had a music theme played by the pianist. A round of riddles and say what you see. A more unusual round of singing "Old McDonnald had a farm"...shall I explain this?? All you need to know was it beat watching country files on a Sunday night. With a round of animal making from pipe cleaners and everyones favourite round...beer tasting! 

The Botanist Leeds

All quizzed out and exhausted from all the "thinking" and laughing I ended the evening with another cocktail. If you've been reading my blog a while you will know I favour cocktails over deserts. 
The Botanist Leeds
The Botanist Leeds

I choose The Chocolate Rose cocktail to end my evening on "Vodka, rose liqueur, rose syrup, liquid chocolate, milk, cream". A rather drinkable, Turkish delight tasting drink which went down a little too easy....Taxi for Sammie. 

The Botanist Leeds


Are you a pub quiz fan?

SAMMIE
bloglovin . twitter . instagram

The Botanist
67 Boar Lane, Trinity Leeds, Leeds LS1 6HW

Congratulations to the team at The Botanist who raised £300 on the night for; Forget me not, children's hospice. 


Disqus comments