Monday 5 October 2015

Dressing for autumn

The leaves are falling from the trees, the dark nights are drawing in earlier and the clocks are soon to go back. Yet amongst the cold dark nights during autumn come the spectacular bonfires, late night shopping (Christmas lights been switch on!) and a chance to pull out your pre-loved favourite winter coats and autumnal accessories. 


Personally for me dressing for autumn is a mix of learning how to make my summer clothes warmer and digging out the previous years winter clothes. It's not quite time for a new winter shop and it always feels as if I've not quite got full use from my summer wardrobe, in fact does anyone make full use of their summer wardrobe here in the UK? Hence the mix match style, which can work quite well with a little thought.

Although the photos aren't great (we all know the struggle with limited natural light) this outfit perfectly sums up autumn dressing for myself. A summer skirt paired with a long sleeve tshirt, summer converse and warm black tights and a chance to dig out my old winter cape. Of course I teamed the outfit with my favourite new leather satchel and berry coloured lipstick which I feels ties the look together perfectly. 


Skirt - Primark (summer season)
Top - Primark
Coat - Topshop
Converse - (old)
Satchel - Jones Bootmaker
Watch - Daniel Wellington



How do you dress for autumn? 

SAMMIE

Disqus comments