Thursday 1 October 2015

Weekend break with Travelodge, exploring Liverpool #Bloggerlodge

So not that you would know, as I still need to blog all the holidays, but this year I've currently managed to visit 10 cities on 4 holidays, with a few more planned before the year is out. However when I think of travelling I am often guilty of overlooking the UK for a fun city break or weekend away. 

When I was offered a stay with Travelodge I knew the city for me was Liverpool. Now don't tell Leeds, but well I've been "treating myself" to weekly night out in Leeds since I was 17 18 and well it's become kind of routine...eat at my favourite restaurants, drink in my favourite bars, dance at my favourite clubs...loose my shoes in the...ermm? So a chance to shake things up in a new city is always fun.  

Travelodge, as well all know from the adverts, are affordable hotels with comfy beds.....and if you were to stay anywhere else you'd needs rocks in your head. As I'm writing this the pesky advert has been playing on loop inside my head. A little annoying if I'm honest, usually my day dream back ground track is little mix, but the rooms are spacious, comfy, minimal but essentially everything you need to rest your head for a weekend exploring. Or in my case partying the night away and passing out. 

Travel Lodge Liverpool
Travel Lodge Liverpool
Travel Lodge Liverpool

As a city for a night out, Liverpool was fantastic. Although my hangover may have disagreed, the range of bars and clubs is huge. Like most cities the night-life appeared to be split into districts, although if your unsure where to head to first (like I certainly was) then the staff at the hotel were helpful in giving recommendations. As were the various taxi drivers and locals. I say locals what I actual mean is other tipsy girls in the toilets I always seem to end up chatting too, after too many gins. Although in all the various bars I visited everywhere defiantly had a great atmosphere. 

Central Perk Liverpool

The next day before leaving there was one place I certainly had in mind to visit. In fact, to let you in on a little secret, the one reason I have wanted to visit Liverpool for...The Central Perk coffee shop! 

You know exactly what I mean and this place shouldn't need any explaining, but yes a Friends themed replica of the famous hangout of Ross, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, and Joey! The best part, Friends is always on the TV. 

Central Perk Liverpool
Central Perk Liverpool

After an episode of "The one where Ross is fine" , I headed of down to the docks to take in the fresh air and grab a bite to eat. Fajitas anyone?  

Liverpool docks
Liverpool docks
Liverpool docks

Over all I could not recommend a city break in Liverpool enough, there's so much to see and do and the city has to have my vote for one of the best nights out I've had. I could not recommend Travelodge Central Exchange Street more for a comfortable stay in a great location. 


Have you any recommendations on where my next city break should be? Leave your ideas in a comment below. 

SAMMIE

Disqus comments