Sunday 16 November 2014

Little Black Dress | Outfit of the day

Looking for the perfect Little Black Dress is something every gal experiences at least once in her life. Weather we find that perfect dress by chance or spend hours browsing the shops for the perfect dress for that special occasion it can be a nightmare. I added a little snap shot of this outfit post when I recently told you about my stay at Ox Pasture Hall, and this was the dress I wore to dinner. I think I have finally found my perfect little black dress. Just in time for Christmas too. 

The dress is actually from Matalan. I ended up browsing their website before it crashed last weekend (due to the amount of traffic) when I saw the advert for the alphabet scarf's. You know the one, with pixie lott singing caravan of love in support of  Alder Hay children's hospital charity. When I came across this little black dress (It's the Matalan Be Beau Mesh Panel Shift Dress), which looked every bit the party dress, yet still classy plus at the bargain price of £20.00 I quickly snapped it up. It's defiantly one of the best impulse purchased I've made. 

Little Black Dress
Little Black Dress

I love the sheer mesh details on the dress, against the black material. The sheer detail really stands out and makes the dress still look simple and elegant yet with a younger edge. The sheer detail on the bottom of the dress, give the illusion the dress is a little shorter than it is without been revealing. It's such a nice dress for me this Christmas, I feel I'm growing out my short party dresses I may have worn in my younger "clubbing" days. Well I sound old to myself now. But on the other hand I'm not quite receiving any invitations for any cocktail parties just yet, so finding something to suit is getting trickier. 

I went for gold accessories, which is an obvious choice for the party season.  The gold zip details on my new heels give a good hint of sparkle ready for the festivities. The shoes were a bargain find in Primark, which I picked up on Friday. I also luckily found my all time favourite S necklace. I though I had lost this and had been looking for this for ages, it turned out it had been tucked away in the pocket of my travel bag since April! (the downside to been messy aye). I think it add's the perfect amount of "bling" to the dress. Although I think it still looks good without any accessories and the sheer pattern makes a real statement. 

Matalan Little Black Dress
Matalan Little Black Dress
Matalan Little Black Dress
Little black dress 2014

Little Black Dress - Matalan £20.00
Shoes - Primark £13.00 (currently in store)
Necklace - Topshop (old)

Little Black Dress

Have you found your Christmas party dress yet?

Sammie

Pin the look on pintrest | Pintrest

Follow on Twitter


Disqus comments