Sunday 27 January 2013

My daily beauty routine

So as part of my new years resolution i wanted a simple beauty regime i could stick to. I'v never had good skin but then again i'v never really stuck to any particular routine. I'v also vowed i will keep up to dying my roots and pay more attention to my hair. I love having blonde hair but as any blonde will tell you it can be hard work, every time i go to the hairdressers the bleach itches my head and i sit there screwing my face up and vow i will return to my natural colour just so i don't have to go through the torture.

I wanted to invest in products for a basic skincare routine that i would keep up to and i choose the classic cleanse, tone and moisturise from clinique. I must say for the price of the products i am yet to notice any difference to my skin the cleanser seems quite mild and doesn't seem to remove all my makeup. The toner has a alcohol smell and the moisturiser seems to make my face shiny.I'm going to give these products a few more months to decide to work there magic otherwise there going to be replaced. 

 Can anyone help recommend some better products? 

So this brings me onto a product i know and love!! Lee Stafford bleach blondes shampoo!!
For anyone trying to achieve there perfect tone of blonde this product is amazing. 

I'm sure all my fellow blondes will agree the best compliment you can get is, how do you get your hair that colour? 

Whenever i'v asked that question to random people myself the answer i always got was Lee Stafford bleach blondes shampoo. I find this product gives my hair a lovely pink tint to it as opposed to the blue tints most blonde/silver shampoos give. I'v since renamed this hair colour milkshake blonde. 

I'm going to also give crazy colour a mention. Since i'm not brave enough to dye all my hair this gorgeous lavender colour (hats of to Kelly O) i sometimes dye just a small section. Crazy colour's are a great way to experiment without permanently dying your hair (although the colour often only stick to bleached hair) I also find the lavender colour eventually washed out to give your hair a silver tint what i love. 

So i understand no skin care routine will suddenly give me a fantastic complexion if i don't eat better and drink more water. I'm pretty good at drinking water but i don't think i will ever be able to eat better, i have too much of a guilty pleasure love for cheese and sausage and egg mcmuffins (only on a Friday not everyday that would be crazy). So i'v since started taking skin, hair and nails tablets from Holland and Barratt.


So finally i might not know my skincare products too well but what i do know and love is my perfume. Here is my favorite day time and night time perfumes. 


As you tell from the lighting these are both nearly empty. For a daytime perfume i love Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka (i'v also found it at a bargain price of £26.45 for 50ml). This is a rather sweet smelling perfume and reminds me of parma violets not sure weather you will think that's a good or bad thing, but this perfume has got me many compliments. 


My choice of night time (or special occasions) perfume has to be Dior Addict.  It's a little more pricey but this fragrance gives me an instant confidence boost and makes me feel sophisticated and indeed a little grown up. This bottle is the smallest 20ml at £35, however since iv given up smoking (almost a month now) I feel i'm entitled to splash out on the 100ml as a congratulations to myself. 

What are your favorite perfumes and how do they make you feel?

Sammie


Disqus comments