Wednesday 9 July 2014

Co-op #Tweet4ATable Leeds

I really do think of the Co-op (or if your me: t cwop) as very much a local shop. Although Asda, Tesco and the other big supermarket chains are storming ahead of the Co-op in terms of size, the Co-op still remains quite local. I pretty much don't know many people who don't have a local Co-op near by. 

In fact if you ever ask me for directions in my neck of the woods and don't know where "t cwop" is then your pretty much lost! Thinking about it it's pretty much a local landmark. 

In our house when were short on the usual milk, bread...(mumbles) wine, the first words anyone seems to say is "why don't you have a walk up to the co-op". I can't quite get across what I'm trying to put, it not exactly Harrords but locally it's more or less a landmark. 

Now after I've said the words "co-op" a total of 8 times (including cwop) there, I think I've established my point a little. So we shall move on to the event now. 

#Tweet4ATable

#Tweet4ATable

For all you tweeters out there you may have noticed the hashtag #Tweet4aTable popping up over social media this week. The idea behind simply tweet why you deserve a table at one of the 6 UK locations or send tweets to @Tweet4aTable and you could be in with a chance of dining for free at the rather yummy pop up restaurants. The pop up resturant located outside Harvey Nics in Leeds is with us until Friday 11th July so get your tweets on. Tweet for a takeaway is also commencing soon as well so if you fancy a burrito for lunch..check that out too. 


9th – 11th JulyLeedsBriggate, outside Harvey Nichols
1st – 3rd AugustLondonTruman Brewery, Brick Lane
8th – 10th AugustNewquayBoardmasters, Watergate Bay*
10th – 12th SeptemberLiverpoolParadise Place, Liverpool One
17th – 19th SeptemberManchesterExchange Square, outside Selfridges
24th – 26th SeptemberNewcastleGrainger Street, outside Urban Outfitters

#Tweet4ATable

#Tweet4ATable

#Tweet4ATable

#Tweet4ATable

Onto the food, from the co-op summer range. Typically the menu reminded me the great British weather, by that I mean the kind of party food that's enjoyable indoors and out, the BBQ backup I'm going to call it.

To start with the great sharing favourite of nachos were delivered, smothered in yummyness of cheese, sour cream, guacamole and sala. 

For main I choose the head honcho burger with BBQ pulled pork, guacamole, sala and sour cream, where as the others had hot dogs and the holy mole burger (I think that's what it was called) and we all choose a side of chill cheese fries. I do rant pulled pork seems to be a recent trend and everyone's jumping on the tex-mex wagon recently but honestly you cant beat it. To say the food was cooked in a pop up restaurant it was surprising tasty and all the food felt replicable, as in I could easily throw this yummyness together at home and host my own great British (back up) BBQ. 

#Tweet4ATable

#Tweet4ATable

For more details on #Tweet4aTable check out the Co-op website.

Sammie

Disqus comments