Sunday 27 April 2014

Monthly Beauty Favourites



Dior Addict Perfume
This has been my favourite perfume for a long time. I've not worn this in about a year and half simply because it's a little expensive. A colleague recently went away on a holiday and due to duty free prices and some additional discount this 100ml bottle ended up costing me only £53.00! I love this scent it lasts all day and really is luxurious. A little squirt of this makes me feel good all day long as the scent lingers about in the air. To describe the perfume is a little difficult, it's basically smells classy, sophisticated and usually generates a few compliments. It's a intense perfume with a slight musky vanilla smell without been overpowering. 

No7 Lash Impact Mascara - £10.00
I picked this up on a whim in Boots. Well not a whim as I was shopping for mascara but when the No7 lady came over to tell me the new mascara was on offer for £10 and came with a free eye liner and lip gloss I was sold. Now at first I was disappointed by this it has no dramatic impact what so ever. I then also realised the colour I had bought was black/brown. Is black/brown even a colour? However I've grown to love this a little. As it has no dramatic impact whatsoever it actually ends up looking just simply very natural. For a great natural subtle look its amazing. For dramatic impact a big thumbs down. 

TRESemme Salon Smooth Serum - 30ml £4.50
I've been recommending this to friends for about a month. I'm always on the look out for new hair products and usually when it comes to my hair I enjoy the high end products. Since the TV adverts are constantly reminding me TRESemme started in professional hair salons I thought I'd try out a few of the newer products from the brand (I also tried the hair mask). As you may be aware I have been in love with the show beauty hair oil since the day I bought it, however at £50 a pop I needed a replacement. Although this serum doesn't have any scent to it, it really does leave my hair silky smooth and feels salon finished. I have already bought 2 replacements as I'm going through this little bottle rather quickly. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - £8.99
06 Pink Pong
03 Hot Pepper
I had seen these online on boots when they were first released and something about them really caught my eye. On my bloggers holiday I finally managed to pick these up. Testing these out in Superdrug along with 5 beauty bloggers I knew I had spotted a great product, as we all tested them out on the backs of our hands. After I got to test them out properly that evening I can now say for sure these things do not budge of your lips. They apply in the same way as a lip stain but give a stronger matt finish and can be layered up until a bolder colour is achieved. They take a few seconds to dry on the lips but after this the colour lasts all night. I'm sure there will be a lot of fuller reviews of these flying around on the blogsphere within the up coming months. 

What have been your favourite products this month?

Sammie

Disqus comments