Thursday 24 April 2014

Pizza Express | Leeds Albion Street | Lunch menu

Pizza Express lunch menu



Pizza Express lunch menu

Pizza Express lunch menu

Pizza Express lunch menu

Pizza Express lunch menu

Pizza Express lunch menu

Pizza Express desert

Pizza Express desert

So if you haven't if happened to notice over the bank holiday weekend I have been quite the little piggy and have been dining out quite a lot. I fully ceased my opportunity over the bank holiday weekend to be more than indulgent. Thursday evening saw a trip to my usual go to choice of Reds True BBQ, Friday I had a heavenly meal at Pizza Express, Sunday I took a trip to Rosie's Diner and Monday finished the Holidays with a visit to the Twisted Burger Company

I often overlook chain restaurants when choosing somewhere to go to, simply for the fact I like to try new places. That said I hadn't really eaten at Pizza Express before (unless you count the time me and my friends all went decided we wasn't actually hungry, ordered quite a lot of wine and one pizza to share) in fact I might as well say I hadn't ever actually eaten at Pizza express.

When I read about their new lunch menu It seemed like the perfect light bank holiday afternoon lunch. With 3 Pizza expressed in Leeds City centre (clearly popular for a reason) I decided to head of too their Albion Place venue. 

Upon arrival the place was very busy proving to be quite a popular choice. Myself and my friend Laura, were promptly greeted and shown to our table. Our waitress was extremely friendly and It was the best service I've received in a restaurant in a long time. Considering how busy the place was I was genuinely taken a back by the outstanding customer service. Our drinks orders were promptly taken and I ordered some olives to nibble on, I was also offered the choice of roasted tomatoes which sounded very tempting. After a good old humming and ahhring changing my mind several times we finally ordered.


La Reine Pizza

Prosciutto cotto ham, olives, mushrooms, mozzarella and tomato
£5.45
This was amazing. A light crispy base, gooey cheese, ham, mushrooms and those love them or hate them olives. I love them. I think I spent most the meal constantly telling my friend we need to come here more often. 

Padana Pizza

Goat’s cheese, mozzarella, tomato, caramelised onions, spinach, red onion and garlic oil
£5.45
My friend ordered a goats cheese and caramelised onion pizza. We decided to split the pizzas half and half each. I think if we hadn't I would of still be sat there choosing what I wanted. This pizza was amazing too, the toppings worked really well and the caramelised onion added just the right amount of sweetness. 

Dough Balls “PizzaExpress” - Side Dish

£1.75
I may only of been to Pizza Express once before but I know the un-written rule that no trip is complete without ordering some of those well known, well loved dough balls. 

Overall I really enjoyed my meal at Pizza Express. The service was incredible and I would even say the best service I've received from a  restaurant. The food was really enjoyable and excellent value. With Pizza's in the express lunch menu ranging from £4.95 - £5.95 it really is brilliant value. The restaurant has a good relaxing atmosphere and I really cant wait to return.

Have you tried the new express lunch menu?

Sammie

*Post in collaboration with Pizza Express, meal provided free of charge, all views remain my own*

Disqus comments