Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Light Leeds Dining Event













I'm sure the majority of the people in Leeds have visited the light before. It's a wonderful hub for the socialite with restaurants, a cinema, coffee bar, hairdressers and gym all under one roof, not forgetting my favourite morning treat Bagel Nash. 

If you saw my last post from the Light dining event you will know the concept is a 3 course meal with drinks held in 4 different venues inside The Light Leeds. Therefore when an invite popped up again, I could hardly say no, could I?

Cafe Rouge  
Drinks were held in the delightful Cafe Rouge. Cafe Rouge is a favourite of mine and I've popped in for breakfast on a few occasions. The charming French setting creates such a nice escape from the busy city centre shopping environment and the red colour scheme, wooden chairs and collection of pictures and mirrors hung along all the walls creates such warm intimate atmosphere.  

Miller and Carter
Miller and Carter is a steak house relatively new to Leeds. I must admit I have wanted to visit for some time so the night gave me a great opportunity to have a little nosey. The restaurant was quite a bit bigger than I expected yet much more elegant than I anticipated. The food however suppressed my expectations and I was blown away. My friends have started to notice I'm a little food snobby now a days and in no way do I see this as a bad thing. I think I did proof this to myself somewhat when I practically jumped for joy when black pearl scallops arrived as a starter. The food was incredible here and I was treated to delights such as char-grilled chicken wings, dusted calamari, lime marinated salmon crostini and my personal favourite bourbon glazed pork belly. This is defiantly a restaurant for the food lovers of Leeds to try. 

Frankie and Benny's 
Frankie and Benny's is a great well established family restaurant. With booth style seating perfect for the whole family and the green, white and red balloons placed around the restaurant to give out to the kids (and me) takes me back to day trips with the folks as a child. I know friends with children can't compliment this place enough with their excellent value children's meals at just £4.25. Here we were treated to the family favourites of burgers, calzones and pastas and of course a cheeky glass of wine although I must admit I couldn't help eyeing up their desert menu, cinnamon waffles anyone? Is it plausible to drink the wine and still ask for a balloon? 

Browns
The evening ended in Browns for deserts. After the last event where the trio of brownies went down amazingly well I think a few of us bloggers were expecting the same desert to make a second appearance. Luckily were were treated to eton mess. I'm not normally a desert person so I loved that the option was a lighter desert. The added twist of chocolate and black cherry's added a more luxurious touch. Browns it's self is simply a gorgeous venue with a black grand piano been one of the main focuses of the bar area, It will always make the great venue for a cocktail or two. Plus it reminded me I really need to check out their afternoon tea. 

Have you visited any of the restaurants?

Sammie

Don't forget to sign up for a social light card free of charge for a huge selection of discounts at a range of venues within the Light Leeds. 

*Meals and drinks provided free of charge in return for my honest opinion. Event hosted by Carousel PR*

Disqus comments