Monday 11 August 2014

Afternoon tea at Wentbridge House

It feels like forever since I've blogged, if I'm honest I have become a little bit of gym freak at the moment. I actually still can't believe I'm saying that, although I suppose it's a healthy addiction. I actually found myself Friday morning working out at 7am, looking round in the gym thinking what kind of freaks are these people, up at this time doing exercise, until it suddenly dawned on me that I was one of those freaks. 

However fear not blog readers it hasn't been all work and no play, last weekend I was away at the races and this weekend I joined Hayley and Kel for a spot of afternoon tea at the rather stunning Wentbridge House. Check me out I returned from a little blogging break and come back all sophisticated. Don't worry I haven't changed too much...to pull thinks back to reality after too many glasses of wine Friday I was doing my usual spot of drunk cooked when I accidental sliced my finger in the blender trying to stop it whilst still spinning, so in case you feared you are not reading Little Blonde Life, think again, I'm still here as common as ever. 

Anyhow enough about me, I'm sure your all expecting pictures of tea and cake, so here goes. 


Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Wentbridge House Afternoon tea

Arriving at Wentbridge House was rather idyllic and a refreshing change to spending my Saturday afternoons tucked up in bed. The sun was shining the birds were tweeting and I felt rather sophisticated for once. In typical Sammie style I then spent 10 minuets hobbling down the steep drive way of the hotel as my choice of footwear is forever far from sensible, however my new killer heels deserved some special attention and I had certainly arrived at the right place. 

We were all promptly greeted by the friendly staff and shown to the bar area for a quick G&T before heading into the dining room. The dining room it's self was a little hub of elegance with large bay windows looking out onto the gardens, large armed chairs and a few neatly placed tables with shiny cutlery neatly placed to perfection. The nice small number of tables created the perfect tea party atmosphere with the only missing except of a white rabbit to lead me into the intimate little space, it was pretty much afternoon tea perfection. 

The waitress came and took out tea order, I opted for a rhubarb tea at her recommendation. I'm not sure if it's the Yorkshire in me but I do love rhubarb. As delicious as the tea was and the fact it smelt like rhubarb crumble (well actually just rhubarb..but it sweet smelt quite obviously reminded me of rhubarb crumble) I was secretly more pleased by the champagne that followed. 

The first course of delicate finger sandwiches soon arrived, smoked salmon and cucumber, cream cheese, ham, egg and tuna. Been the only smoked salmon eater I got stuck in. I did feel a little pressures to eat all the smokes salmon ones however I can assure you this was a challenge I took well. 

With a slightly fuller belly and a few slips of champagne later the main event of cake arrived. I say cake when they were more like individual pieces of heaven. Firstly a slightly more unusual afternoon tea selection of pear panna cotta, however exceptional tasty, rose meringue, chocolate cake, strawberry shortbread, cream scones and the star of any afternoon tea miniature macaroons. All incredibility tasty with my favourite been the strawberry shortbread. 

We neatly picked cakes of the 3 tied stand, chatted as we sipped our champagne and I felt like such a little grown up. It was cute and a lovely experience to share with my friends. This was actually the first afternoon tea I have ever had, however the expert tea and cake lady of the group Kel assured me this was one of the nicest she has come across. 

Overall I would recommend Wentbridge house for an affordable taste of luxury with impeccable service. It's always nice to treat yourself and it was certainly nice to spend the Saturday afternoon with some of my favourite ladies. 


Have you been for afternoon tea?

Sammie

Disqus comments