Tuesday 18 March 2014

Afternoon tea at Just Grand! Hand Picked Hall Leeds


Sunday afternoon me and Kel took a little trip for afternoon tea at Just Grand at Hand Picked Hall. I'd read some really mixed reviews so it was nice to go and check the place out for myself. 

For all of you guys unaware hand picked hall is in the Grand Arcade Leeds and hosts a selection of craft and vintage shops. It really did feel like a typical Sunday shop browsing the cute craft items and the vintage clothes. I did however feel a bit like a child in some shop and could hear my mum in the back of my mind telling me not to touch anything. 

After a good browse we seated ourself down for afternoon tea. The seating area is a real mix of vintage items from all different eras with unmatched chairs and retro/vintage lamps . For some people the unusual mix of taste may have felt like a charity shop but I adored it. Sat working out if I was in a 1930's cafe a 50's diner or a 70's kitchen, it was fun and had so many little details which made quite the talking point.

I ordered the grand afternoon tea £9.50 (sorry no pictures) which included 4 mini sandwiches (olive and houmous, egg mayonnaise, ham and cream cheese and cucumber), fruit cake with Wensleydale cheese and a scone with jam and clotted cream. 

I liked the addition of the olive and houmous sandwich it was pretty unusual for an afternoon tea choice but I really liked the thought of something a little different on there. My favourite was the scone with clotted cream and jam.

Overall for a cheap afternoon tea and a trip through a tardis it's worth a visit. It may not have the most glamorous of settings but it's certainly fun and quirky. 


Where would you recommend for afternoon tea?

Sammie

Disqus comments