Sunday 2 March 2014

February Beauty Favourites


Richard Ward - Keraine smoothing mist*
125ml £5.99 (exclusive to Waitrose)
Now if you've ever questioned who is behind the bouncy world famous locks of Kate Middleton than look no further than Richard Ward. Now I've never met the guy but something's telling me the beauty queen's famous lock's don't come cheap. However the good fella Richard Ward is, he has launched his own hair care range so we can all at least try and achieve something along the standard's of the Duchess's. The keratin smoothing mist is a leave in condition and helps restore some life back into dull dry hair. I found a few squirts of this left my hair shiny and smooth. Unlike some leave in conditioners that can feel a little sticky it left my hair feeling soft and refreshed. I wouldn't say this product had a fantastic smell but it smelt basically like a typical hair salon product. At £5.99 it's a bargain in terms of high end hair care. I've found I've been using this through the day to give my hair a little pick me up. I can defiantly say I will be repurchasing this product. 

Lierac - Cleansing oil
150ml £6.99 TK Maxx (In store)
Lierac seems to be a brand that seems to pop up on randomly and to be honest It's a brand I've not really seen much of in the UK. I have a few products by the brand already (not sure where from though) and I recently came across the cleansing oil in TK Maxx. I've been wanting to try a cleansing oil for a while and since the product was on offer (well in TK Maxx if that counts) I thought I'd try it out. The cleansing oil is perfect for removing make up and is very gentle on the eyes. It's perfect for removing the  likes of stubborn mascara and eye shadows and I no longer come out the shower with panda eyes. It leaves my skin feeling soft and doesn't leave behind and residue which was my main concern with a oil based product. Overall if you come across it's definitely worth a try for an inexpensive cleansing oil.  

La Roche posay - Effaclar duo[+]
40ml £15.50 - Boots
If you're a regular blog reader or youtube watcher you will of already read a million reviews on this product, it's really taken the beauty world by a little storm. On the other hand if your me you've only just purchased it. I never really jump on the band wagon of the next big product (errmmm yes you do Sammie) however I saw this in boots with a little sticker promising me my money back if I wasn't happy. On that note I finally made a purchase. Well the product really does live up to the hype, it's really cleared my skin as before I had a few breakouts around my chin what didn't seem to want to go. I've also noticed my skin looks a lot smoother and fresher with a more even skin tone. I best stop before I start sounding like an advert. Some people may consider this a little pricey for the size of the tube but a little does go a long way. 

Rootflag - Blonde root touch up*
$24.95
The concept behind this product is amazing, a lightweight hair powder to help hide my roots available in different tones. However I spent an awful long time trying to get the product out and fully working. The idea is to twist the base to release the product through the brush and brush over your roots. That aside the product did disguise my roots a little when I finally got some of the product out, there was no wow factor but it did help. On the grounds of the genuine idea here and the fact it makes going out with roots more bearable this product is making my favs list. I have since been informed the packaging has been redesigned so the application of the product is a lot easier. 

Sammie

Disqus comments