Saturday 4 January 2014

The blogger made me buy it - Tag

This is a tag I'm surprised hasn't been created sooner, or if it has I've yet to come across it. The tag was originally created by the lovely Danielle at Famous in Japan, I was tagged by Kel at Adventures in tea and cake.



1) Who are your most influential bloggers?  Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
Out of the blogs I read I don't really read a lot of beauty blogs. However I have over the past few months got really into YouTube for beauty vloggers. My absolute favourites are Lauren Curtis, Karissa Pukas and Katie from Sugar fixx beauty who I've followed since I met at the Halo hair event


2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
There are very few products I've seen and thought omg I must have that. I usually just pick up on the products that seem to appear numerous times then decide to read a few reviews before I decide to buy.

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
The products I've recently bought as a result of blogging have been the the Baby lips lip balm. 

4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
I wouldn't say there is one. As I don't join the hype of a new product too quickly. I think following advise on skin care is always a tough one to do as everyone's skin type is different. I wouldn't say I've had any bad experiences but I would defiantly say blogging makes me spend more.  

5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Baby lips lip balm, Apocalips lip lacquer, Vaseline spray and go moisturiser, Acrylic nail varnish stand and Real techniques make up brush set (although I wouldn't say this was a result of blogging). 


6) Have you ever given into blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
Probably the baby lips has been a massive hype also the benefit porefessional. 


7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
Urban Decay naked 3 pallet. I love the naked 2 pallet and I can't see the point paying for a pallet which I know I wouldn't use fully. I'm sure it's a good product as I've always loved all the Urban Decay eye-shaddows but for more I would simply be buying the product to jump on the band wagon. 


8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I do still walk through boots and throw random things in my basket however I tend to read reviews of the products I've had my eye on. Although some products feature across beauty blogs and YouTube tutorials so much I simply just want them. Although I do have a list a mile long of products I want to buy but I think I'm going to read a few reviews first. (Nars blushers, Dior mascara, Estee lauder foundation, Make up setting spray's are all on my to buy list)

I'm tagging people via twitter, but please feel free to take part.

Sammie


Disqus comments