Tuesday 21 April 2015

Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit

I'm not usually one for subscribing to beauty boxes, but I landed myself on the glossy box mailing list after I purchased the limited edition Harvey Nics box some time ago. I purchased that box purely because it contained a full sized product from my favourite hair brand show beauty. Anyhow I noticed an email with regards to their current special offer of two limited edition boxes for £22.00 and thought I'd treat myself.

Despite not subscribing permanently to any subscription boxes, I do still love the excitement of surprise parcels.  Plus at £11.00 a box it was highly likely I would get my money worth from something inside the box...if not just from the excitement of waiting to find out just what the box would contain alone. 

Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit
Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit
Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit
Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit
Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit
Glossybox | Iconic Hollywood edit

The box contains: 

Lord and Berry, lipstick pencil in kiss, full size product £10.00
A classic orange-red lipstick would be an essential for creating any iconic Hollywood look. Unfortunately the Lord and Berry lip pencil doesn't exactly seem to provide the luxury expected from Hollywood as the fact it smelt like an actual pencil, was well, of-putting.That aside the colour was nice and it did last on the lips. The colour doesn't exactly suit me but a colour fitting for the iconic Hollywood theme. 

Pop Beauty, Kajai eyeliner pen, full size £6.50
Eye liner, I would guess is something nearly every girl has in her make up bag. So from the point of glossybox a full sized eye liner is playing it pretty safe. The eye-liner is a soft pencil, ideal for smudging (with the little smudger on the end) into a smoky eye look. The eye liner doesn't seem to last long though and in fact the "smudger" on the end seems to wipe it clean of your eyes. 

Darphin, Exquisage beauty revealing cream (sample size), full size £65.00 50ml
It's always hard to review a moisturiser, there are very few which I think wow! Plus it's always a little unfair to post a review after a few weeks. For the full size price tag I want a product that makes my skin glow after one use. Ok so the price tag is in line with many good quality moisturisers, but if I'm honest although the product certainly felt luxurious I don't plan on spending that kind of money on moisturiser until I feel I need wrinkle cream... 

Color club, barley there nail polish, full size £4.10
A nice nude colour and again in keeping with the Hollywood classic theme. The nude colour isn't anything I own in my nail polish collection (there's so many!) so it will be a nice edition. 

Nougat london soothing bath pearls £6.00 for 35ml
Due to only having a shower I couldn't try these. I do also feel bath pearls, bath salts and all that jazz looks a little old fashioned and I know it's something I would never purchase. My box contained the scent cherry blossom, although I couldn't smell anything, not sure if it would react better in water. 

SAMMIE

Disqus comments