Thursday 30 April 2015

An evening with chocolate

Hotel chocolate restaurant

Last night I attended a little party night at one of my Favourite Leeds Restaurants,Roast & Conch, the chocolate restaurant by Hotel Chocolate.  Roast & Conch has been my favourite Leeds Restaurant ever since I was graced with the delight of trying their white chocolate mashed potato. If anyone remembers Bodger and Badger, then I would say my love of the white chocolate mash is on par with Badgers. If you don't remember this then...well...YouTube it. It was a 90s Kids TV show about a badger who loved mashed potatoes, or least that's all I can remember about it. 



Where was I again? So anyhow when the invite landed in my email box to attend a launch night,well I was already scoffing the canopies down quicker than you can say...ermm.....mashed potato. 
Hotel chocolate restaurant
Hotel chocolate restaurant
Hotel chocolate restaurant

Roast and conch has quite a unique concept in that all the food and plenty of the cocktails contain chocolate. Now your most likely looking at the fruity little number thinking WHERE'S THE CHOCOLATE! Well the Northside cocktail, contains none other than, chocolate gin! (cocoa gin, blackberries, mint, line, tonic water). I however only had eyes for the salted caramel soother (aged rum, amaretto,cocoa bitters, coconut milk and liquid salted caramel chocolate). Apparently chocolate heaven comes in chilled Martini glasses.
Hotel chocolate restaurant
Hotel chocolate restaurant
Hotel chocolate restaurant

Those canopies weren't upstaged by the drinks either, despite spending a good 90% of the evening chowing down on chocolate roasted cocktail sausages and my dearest white choc mash, the other samples from the menu were't too shabby. 

spiced aubergine, gin cured salmon with a gin & tonic jelly garnish and a banana bread with a cocoa cream. All with a surprise chocolate (or cocoa gin) ingredient.

Hotel chocolate restaurant

 Are you a chocolate lover or curious about the chocolate menu?

Currently you can receive 3 courses at Roast & conch for £25 with Pink Gorilla

SAMMIE

Disqus comments