Wednesday 22 April 2015

Luck Lust Liquor & Burn review | Manchester

When I recently ventured across to Manchester for the day, one thing on my mind was trying out a new place to eat. I had been recommended Luck Lust Liquor and Burn by Terri and since it was a sister restaurant of one of my favourite Leeds burger joints Almost Famous, I couldn't wait to see how Luck Lust Liquor &Burn compared.

Luck Lust Liquor & Burn review | Manchester

Located in Manchester's Northern Quarter Luck Lust Liquor & Burn is a Mexican american eatery. I've found it fairly uncommon to every come across a restaurant which serves up both good quality Mexican food along side great burgers. Usually it often feels burgers are just added onto menus to please the masses, with little though or creativity going into them. 

Luck Lust Liquor & Burn review | Manchester
Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester
Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester

As expected the restaurant serves up great cocktails, although I boringly opted for a glass of white wine, my friend kel was more in keeping with the theme with a glass of beer-garita. 

For starters me and Jess shared some of the chips and dips options. I choose the Bleu cheese and bacon dip and Jess the smashed guac. The guacamole arrived with all the fresh ingredients in a bowl and the waiter "smashed" this up to create fresh guacamole. I was kinda peeved that you wasn't able to do this yourself. It killed the concept really by watching someone else essentially play with your food. If anyone is playing with my food, i would like this to be me. The guac did taste lovely and fresh in fairness. The Blue cheese was far less exciting. The Blue cheese tasted like it was straight from a jar, if anyone remembers the ranch dressing from the Pizza Hut buffet it was basically the exact same. Both "chips" were less exciting. The guacamole came with basically Doritos and the Blue Cheese what looked like straight out the bag pop chips. I would of loved to have seen, crisp , home-made tortilla chips. 

Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester
Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester
Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester

The restaurant did redeem it's self....a lot, with the main courses. I opted for the taco roulette and other's burgers and burritos.

The taco roulette, consisted of  6 fish and chicken tacos, one loaded with damn hot sauce! Fun with your food theme continues. I actually loved this concept, it made me actually think about the flavours of the food and eat slower...you know just in case I need to reach for the wine water to put my mouth out. The tacos were all well thought out and a nice mix of flavours across the board with the chicken and fish both cooked well. I'm not sure if it was fortunate or unfortunate but I never noticed the hot sauce. Maybe this was a blessing. 

Luck Lust Liquor & Burn Manchester

Overall despite a few grips about the "chips" I did really like Liquor and Burn, the fusion of Mexican and American worked well and creates a great menu to choose from. The quirky taco roulette is something a little different and works well to incorporate something fun into the menu without the need to start adding random ingredients *cough, the oreo ice cream topped burger* *cough* *almost famous*. 

I also thought the food was good value. starter £4, Tacos, £13. 

SAMMIE

Disqus comments