Monday 18 November 2013

Breakfast at Carluccio's

If you read my last post on Carluccio's you will know I wasn't impressed and left with very mixed views. I hadn't intended to go back however Saturday morning me and my friend Keeley headed of for an early morning breakfast in the city centre before our trip to Brugue. We had planned to go to La Tasca however when this was closed we headed to Carluccio's. I'm very pleased I gave the restaurant a 2nd chance and the breakfast was delicious. 

Carluccios Leeds

Carluccios Leeds

Carluccios Leeds

Carluccios Leeds

Uova pancetta - £6.75
Free range eggs (I had poached) with grilled pancetta on toasted Italian bread.
I ordered the uova pancette, bacon and eggs to me and you. I was given a choice on how I wanted my eggs and I had poached. The eggs were cooked perfectly with a soft runny yolk centre. The pancetta did look fatty, I'm of these bacon freaks who cuts off every bit of fat. However the pancetta was crispy with a smoky taste and tasted delicious. This was served on a thick slice of Italian bread. 


Breakfast bread tin - £3.95

freshly bakes croissant and toasted breads served with butter and Italian jam, honey or clementine marmalade. 
My friend ordered the breakfast bread tin. Although she said the croissant tasted a bit plain and wasn't very sweet the bread was thick sliced with fruit inside which was lovely and sweet. We was both unsure of what flavour the jam was but either way it was delicious. The toast with rich proper butter is always a win in my eyes for breakfast. 

Drinking coffee


The breakfast was reasonably priced and the service was good. The restaurant has a perfect atmosphere for a relaxing breakfast and it was the perfect start for the busy day ahead. 

What's your favourite place for breakfast?

Sammie

Disqus comments