Sunday 3 November 2013

October Beauty Favourites

 Hair Chalk - eBay
£6.89

I recently wrote a post on hair chalks when I first tried them and ever since I've loved them. The picture in the post really doesn't do this product justice as my camera makes the colour look far too bright when in fact the colours look much softer and more of a pastel shade. I can now confirm the colours last one wash so you don't have to be scared of experimenting with them. There also great if you don't want to commit to a more permanent crazy hair colour. To apply I simply dip the chalks in water and rub onto dry hair. Although the chalks are non-toxic I do find the chalk dries the hair out so I wouldn't advise using these all the time. 

Urban Decay - Naked 2 Palette 
This product needs very little introduction. I may have borrowed this from my sister this week (wait to argument to now commence) and have since spent all week trying to find one. Does anyone know if this has been discontinued? I'm sure most people who watch YouTube make up tutorials or read beauty blogs will remember the massive hype around this product. For some reason I'm years behind everyone with having only just tried this, I know crazy right! Anyway the product it's self contains mostly gold/brown shades and like all urban decay eye shadows all the colours are extremely pigmented. I've found this palette has the perfect selection of colours for creating smoking eyes yet also a lot of the colours would be easy to use for day or work make up. 

If anyone can track me one down, please leave a comment or tweet me @LilBlondeSammie

Collection 2000 - Glam Crystals - Glitter liquid eyeliner - £2.99
Colours - Dig It 15 - Glitz 1 - Funk 3
I'm a huge glitter fan and have loved glitter eye liners for a long time. I used to have a stock pile almost of glitter eye-liners and would always have them on for nights out. A year or so back I would always be experimenting with eye-shadow and would always make my eyes the focus of my make up. Recently I've become a little boring and stuck to more simple make up. Yet this weekend I had an urge to get my creativity back and had a craving to buy some glitter. I've used the Collection 2000 range a lot in the past and the glitters are amazing not to mention a bargain (currently on 342 at Boots). The glitter eye-liner is easy to apply although the brush is thin which means its also easy to apply under the eyes it also contains a lot of glitter. Some glitter eye liners I often find I'm ages applying as there isn't enough glitter in the product. When you've tried these this will make more sense. Having gone out Saturday with gold glitter eyes I'm not more excited then ever for the Christmas party season. 

The Body Shop - Shea Lip Butter - £4.00
With the cold weather now here it often means skin and lips become dry and chapped. The lip butter range from the body shop is perfect for preventing lips becoming dry and the butters are non-greasy. I will say a little goes a long way as applying too much and you will have white lips. I bought a collection of these a while back and since I have one on my work desk, my handbag and by my bed I've been using these a lot. 

What have been your beauty favourites this month?

Sammie

Disqus comments