Friday 7 November 2014

Gusto Cookridge Review | 151 Otley Old Road

Italian restaurants are one of my favourites for indulging in simple well cooked food and allowing myself a little bit of luxury in the food department. You all might know my favourite food is actually Mexican but when I want to up the food game and for extra special treats a good Italian restaurant is typically my first pick. You may have seen I went to Gusto in Leeds back in May and decided to take a little trip back and treat Hayley to a girls night out, or as us single pringles have now deciding to call it it, date night. As the charming setting of Gusto is perfect for just that. 

Gusto Cookridge

Gusto Cookridge

Gusto Cookridge

Gusto Cookridge

Gusto Cookridge

Starters
Deli counter (a selection of 3 meats or cheeses, with the option to add additional items, served with rosemary focaccia and tomato chutney) £6.95
I wish I could tell you this starter was delicious, although as it was Hayleys not mine all I could do was drool. She said it tasted delicious although I personally would of gone for an addition of some cheese.  

Hand made butternut squash ravioli £6.75
with sauteed cavolo nero, sage and almonds
My starter I can comment on. It was really tasty and a perfect winter dish with warm sage butter covering the perfectly cook pasta. The addition of almonds on top won the dish some extra brownie points for adding more texture to the dish. 

Main Course
Roast fillet of cod wrapped in prosciutto ham £15.25
with spiced lentils and red pepper oil
I love fish, I cant cook it very well myself, although not that I try much so It's usually something I tend to pick more when dining out. The cod was cooked well but the spiced lentils let the dish down. I was excepting more a light fragrant curry spice and this seemed to have more of sweet chilli kick which over powered the dish. 

Gusto burger with melted mozzarella served with fries £12.75
Hayley opted for the burger which looked thick and juicy. I in terms of the presentation it would have been nice to see something nice to stand the fries in, although I guess it's all about the taste. Which from the silence I got whilst Hayley was eating, I'm taking as a good sign. 

Gusto Cookridge

Gusto Cookridge

Drinks
French Martini £7.00
Green mark vodka shaken with Chambord and pineapple juice 

Mince Pie Martini £7.50
Cognac, velvet falernum, port, lime juice and orange juice 
A new cocktail to the restaurant as part of the festive Christmas menu is the Mince Pie Martini. This smells so good and has an astounding Christmas smell of actual mince pies. Compliments to the creator of this as it was fantastic. 

With each visit to Gusto I'm always bowled over by the charm of the restaurant and the amazing staff, I actually kind of feel like I'm already at home when I come here and could quite happily spend all evening, eating, chatting and sipping a cocktail or two all night. I'm already planning my next visit and the Christmas Menu is looking pretty tasty. 

Have you been to Gusto?

Sammie

Gusto Cookridge
151 Otley Old Road
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS16 6HN

*Meal provided free of charge all views remain my own and uninfluenced*

Disqus comments