Wednesday 19 November 2014

The Opening of Cabana Leeds | Trinity Centre Leeds

As I strolled through the Leeds Trinity shopping centre on my lunch a few weeks ago, I notice a boarded up shop location with the brightest funkiest advert for "Cabana". Been the nosey one I am and never wanting to miss out on anything new, I quickly searched Twitter and noticed there was a new Brazilian restaurant coming to Leeds. Cabana. Tonight Cabana (located opposite Trinity Kitchen) finally opened it's doors and I was invited along to sample their delicious Brazilian menu and slip on one or two five cocktails. 

Leeds in quick becoming a haven for new restaurants and many of my new favourites have sprung up this year (see what they are here and here). I've always loved the vibrancy of Leeds and their willingness to embrace anything new. So I'm guessing it was a clear choice to open the first venue for Cabana outside of London (no idea if that's true, but it's clearly a brilliant guess). It seems we have all the burger joints we now need for the next decade, so it was time to bring in something a little different. 

Cabana Trinity Leeds

When Trinity Leeds first opened I must admit although I loved the massive Primark, the gigantic Topshop and the addition of a Victoria Secrets, the restaurant department was a little disappointing. In fact other than the new concept of the Trinity Kitchen, most of the dining venues what originally opened first was what Leeds already had, Carluccios, Giraffe, Yo! Sushi, etc, etc. Tick! Although there has been more brilliant venues since, what it needed was something fresh, vibrant, edgy and even fun to create a real buzz going. Tonight I think I have found just that. In Leeds's newest Brazilian Restaurant, Cabana. 

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Cabana, (I'm starting to say cabana too much now, to the point it doesn't sound like a real word) is attempting to recreating the warm, uplifting spirit of Brazil in their vibrant up-cycled themed venue. Serving up their take on a true Brazilian Barbecue and fruity cocktail it was really hard not to find anything to dislike about the place. Unless of course your not willing to embrace the awesome atmosphere? 

The food and drink samples kept on coming all evening long and I defiantly sampled everything there was to offer here. It ended up that I needed a good lay down when I got home before I wrote this. Well a rest and a catch up on The Apprentice. 

The food was incredible and everything I tried (almost everything on the menu) was cooked to perfection, thick cuts of steak served pink and bloody in the middle. Which I'm calling the correct way to cook steak. Chicken juicy and tender with the most amazing flavours and lamb which melts in the mouth. Plus more home comfort's such as pulled pork sliders, chicken coxinhas (croquettes of shredded chicken and spices) and sweet potato fries. The menus seemed to have a nice balance for a Brazilian restaurant of not been too "only meat" heavy and offering a few more alternative dishes than I expected. 

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Drinks wise, there was a good range of cocktails on offer, mostly sticking to the classics such as Caipirinha's and the more rum and tequila based cocktails (not a problem with me!). There is also some great twists on the classics on the menu, my recommendation has to be the passion fruit and kiwi caipirinha. 

One thing I did spot was the soft drinks menu also looked just as great, no more boring coca cola if your driving, you can still join your friends with something a little more exotic just less rum. If cocktails aren't your thang (not even a spelling error there, I'm just so relaxed with the vibe going on, or maybe it's the cocktails talking and I should change it) there's also Portuguese and Brazilian lagers on offer too. 

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Cabana Trinity Leeds

At the end of the night I was gifted with some Cabana Bucks, so I can return...not that I need any prompting and introduce the venue to some friends. I actually can't wait to bring my friends along here and show this place of. I can defiantly see this making a huge impact and been in the prime location of the Trinity Centre, Cabana should feel pretty welcome in it's new home too. 

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Cabana Trinity Leeds

Is this a place you would like to try? 

What do you make of the newest place in town? 

Sammie

Trinity Leeds

Disqus comments