Sunday 17 February 2013

American style Pancakes


So pancake day has been and gone and since pancakes are one of my favorite foods I have been thinking of a way to make pancakes in different ways.
I then came across american style pancakes on the Londoner blog. Why i have in never thought of this before is beyond me. So this weekend to cheer myself up, since I'v been feeling unwell since Thursday and it doesn't look like i'm getting better, I made myself an american style breakfast and it was yummy. 


The pancake recipe: 
You will need:
125g Self raisin flour
1 Egg
300ml Milk
1 Table spoon of caster sugar.

(oil/butter for frying)

Methord:
  1. Put the flour, baking powder, egg, milk and sugar in a large jug then whiz with a hand-held blender until smooth (or just whisk together in a bowl).
  2. Heat a non-stick frying pan (add a little butter if you need) and pour in small amounts of batter. Once the top of the pancake has bubbled and set, flip with a palette knife and cook on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
  3. Stack the pancakes in a pile, add cooked bacon on top of the pancake stack. Drizzle with maple syrup (i'm using butterscotch sauce) and serve. 

I must admit i wasn't sure how much i was going to enjoy this, us British folk aren't use to maple syrup or butterscotch sauce on our bacon but i can assure you all it was delicious. 
It also remind me of watching The Simpsons. 

Love
Sammie






Disqus comments