Wednesday 29 May 2013

The Alchemist (Trinity Leeds)






So this bank holiday (what already feels like it was months ago) me and my friends headed over to try The Alchemist restaurant in the new trinity shopping centre in Leeds. 

When we arrived I quickly fell in love with the place when I noticed the words popping candy on the cocktail menu. This was in fact part of the delicious bubblegum daiquiri £5.95. With the sun making an appearance for the afternoon we headed out onto their rooftop terrace for a view of the city centre. 

After our much needed vitamin d dose we headed back inside for a bite to eat. I had the crispy pork skewers followed by the classic club sandwich. 


Crispy pork skewers
with sage and apple sauce 
£5.75

Classic club sandwich
roast chicken, bacon, fried egg, tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise with salad or fries 
£7.95

The starter was delicious however I was a little disappointed by the main course. I can't expect too many amazing things from a sandwich but it was rather dry and I was disappointed the egg wasn't runny. However there was very good service and whilst I had a little nosey at other peoples food seated nearby there seemed to be some rather exciting Heston B' style dished been delivered. 

I finally treated myself to more cocktails my favourite been the Cheesecake Martini £6.95. I must add all the cocktails are amazing expect wizardry style smoking drinks. 

The rest of my bank holiday was spent having a simple BBQ with friends. Although I did have an awful I'm getting old moment when I bumped into friends in the supermarket. Supermarkets are not suppose to become social places for a good 10 years yet. 

How was your bank holiday?

Sammie

Disqus comments