Sunday 8 September 2013

When you're having a bad day



So you may have noticed I have been a little quiet this week. It's been a week full of some personal ups and downs and blogging was put on hold. This also meant turning down some rather lovely event invites so I could spend some quiet time with friends. 

After a rather quiet week of daydreaming It dawned on me, summer is now coming to an end. Where has the year gone? One of the good things about writing a blog is I have some idea where all the time has gone, yet its still a shock to realise we're in September already. 

One of the first things I did when I started Little Blonde Life was to write a list of things I wanted to do this year and some things I wanted to change about myself. Needless to say looking through the list now, I've not done too great with regards to eat healthier drink less, join a gym, however I do sometimes go on small runs what's something for me. I saw a rather interesting quote today on Pintrest that said something like "Judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree is futile" what kind of made sense. At the start of the year I aimed to train to run half marathons etc, I'm not saying this is unachievable, but it was unachievable to me. So I realised I'm pretty happy with a few small jogs a week. 

In addition been able to look back over the year I can see exactly where it has gone: festivals, camping, day trips, meals out the most amazing birthday weekend. However from a personal view I can also see myself growing as a person. 

I realised this week that although we may all have our bad days, the bad days are simply a drop in ocean in comparison. I can not remember one single bad day this year, I'm 100% sure I've had bad days but the fact I can't remember them really shows just how insignificant they are. 

From now on instead of moaning where has time gone, I'm looking forward to what's in-store next. In the upcoming months I'm hoping to plan a mini break away, I have the joy of my favourite holiday Halloween coming up and I know a lot of you will curse me for saying this but I'm actually looking forward to Christmas (well actually the whole of December). There's also gigs and events I have tickets for, to look forward to. Most importantly I'm also sure that in-between all the upcoming plans the most memorable things will be life's little surprises what shape who we are. 


How was your week?

Sammie

Disqus comments