Saturday 20 April 2013

Guest post by Emma from efxo


Hello everyone, My name is Emma from efxo, a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. Sammie has very kindly allowed me to write a guest post for her blog! I wasn't sure what post to do, but I knew I wanted it to be fun! I recently won a set of US flag Violent Lips transfers and decided to do a makeup look using those! 
My inspiration came from this photo:


To use, you just place them against your lips, and trim to fit. You then just remove the plastic, place it on your lips and press against the paper back using wet cotton. Similar to how you'd apply those tattoos you'd get as a child!

They are quite tricky to apply so mine were a bit of a mess.. oops. I was home alone when I was doing these, so I was absolutely TERRIFIED someone would knock the door and I'd have to answer like this! 


Because my lips were a bit.. BAM! I wanted to keep my eyes simple, I just did a simple cat liner flick on top and then used a white, red and blue shadow on the bottom lash line. I do wish I'd gone a bit crazier on the eyes but 3 transfers came in the pack so I might try this makeup again, except this time go really crazy on the eye shadow! I might try to recreate the look I showed in the first photo!

I think this would be fun for something like Halloween/fancy dress or 4th of July if you live in the US. I know here in Ireland, on St Patricks Day, people tend to go a bit crazy and draw Irish flags on their faces! 
Oh and if you're interested in having a look at the violent lips. You can go to their website, they have soooooo many differrent transfers, animal prints, all kinds of country flags, glitter transfers and so many more! Below is just a selection.




I just want to say a quick thank you to Sammie for letting me post on her blog! She did a really cool Vodka Milkshake recipe post on mine if you want to have a look at that!

Emma xo

Disqus comments